Dana White recently stated that he released Ken Shamrock from his UFC contract because he didn’t feel that Shamrock could be competitive in the UFC. However, Ken Shamrock and his manager/attorney Rod Donohoo dispute this claim. On this week’s edition of Fight Opinion Radio, both men appear on our show to talk about the supposed reason that Dana White terminated Mr. Shamrock’s UFC contract. Ken also discusses his theory on UFC’s current management trying to erase the UFC’s past history and stars. Plus, where will Ken Shamrock be fighting next?
Also on this week’s show, we discuss the tragic Chris Benoit murder-suicide story and what it means for professional wrestling. Is regulation coming? Should it be coming? How would you enforce regulation? What are the costs involved? Plus, should MMA-style regulation be the model that wrestling follows? And, would the MMA industry resemble professional wrestling if there was no medical or drug testing?
The 54th edition of Fight Opinion Radio is now online and available to download. Download this week’s show here.
Or you can use the great flash player to listen to it streaming (without having to use an external program). Check it out (down below).
Podcasting: Use http://feeds.feedburner.com/fightopinionradio. This link should work for all RSS programs and podcatching programs. You’ll never miss another show again.
If you have iTunes, do the following:
- In your iTunes program, go to Advanced. Then choose the Subscribe to Podcast option.
- Type in http://feeds.feedburner.com/fightopinionradio.
- The newest edition of Fight Opinion Radio will be automatically downloaded and future editions of FOR will download for you as well, hassle-free.
Here’s the Bob Sapp vs. Peter Aerts fight we discuss on the show. Enjoy:
To contact us for show feedback, you can e-mail any of us on the Fight Opinion radio staff.
* Zach Arnold – firstname.lastname@example.org
* Jeff Thaler – email@example.com
* Erin Bucknell – firstname.lastname@example.org
* Luke Nicholson – LukeNicholson25@hotmail.com